- This event has passed.
Emergency Medical Response for Firearms Instructors
June 28, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
McHenry County Right to Carry Association is sponsoring a training event with our friends at Spartan Tactical Training Group. This course is not just for firearms instructors but for anyone that wishes to add real emergency medical skills to your mental tool kit. This class course is taught to law enforcement agency personnel around the country. Class space is limited so sign up early at the link below. Also military grade IFAK (individual first aid kits) will be available for purchase and information for this is on the link.
The following topics will be covered:
- Mental conditioning and survival mindset.
- Medical pre-planning.
- Individual and team applications.
- Legal issues and considerations.
- Equipment selection and purchase.
- Basic anatomy and physiology.
- Medication consumption awareness.
- Bee stings and allergic reactions.
- Heat stroke and UV exposure awareness.
- Hydration related issues.
- Mechanisms of injury.
- Ballistics and gunshot injuries.
- Pathophysiology of penetrating trauma wounds.
- Pathophysiology of blunt trauma injuries.
- Tactical combat casualty overview.
- Wound assessment – primary, secondary and ongoing.
- Basic airway management techniques.
- Transport considerations – Casevac vs. Medivac
- Proper use of BLS airway management equipment.
- Proper application of pressure dressings.
- Using IBD’s – Israeli battle dressings.
- Proper application of tourniquets.
- Emergency medical communications.
- Developing first aid kits for your training site.
- Developing personal carry first aid kits.
Course duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Course tuition: $ 135.00 (Course only) or $ 195.00 with student issued Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK) included
Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK) includes:
- CAT Tourniquet
- 4″ Israeli Battle Dressing (IBD)
- Nasopharyngeal Airway (28F)
- H&H compressed wound packing gauze
- 2″ roll of heavy duty medical tape
- Re-sealable ITW X-Proof combat bag
- $ 100.00 retail value!
Course student limit: 20
Student requirements: Notepad and pen, comfortable clothing suitable for hands-on training.
Recommended personal equipment: Medical kit currently in use at your range / training site.